September 5, 2014
Your career has been built around setting goals and expectations. Now, use your knowledge and experience to go further with a degree from Aurora University Online. Our RN to BSN, MSN Bridge, MSN and post-graduate certificate programs are designed to broaden your career options. AU Online provides students with an interactive learning environment in an accessible and convenient format. Visit online.aurora.edu/nursing for more information. Programs also offered on Aurora and Woodstock campuses.
Save the Date: November 6-9
MidYear Career Planning Conference
Online registration is now open!
November 6-9, 2014
Hilton Portland, Oregon
Scholarship Application Available on New Website Launched for the Foundation of the NSNA
Visit www.forevernursing.org to begin your scholarship application! This is an online application process. Start now and finish later!
Be sure to complete the application in Step 8 before the January 16, 2015 deadline. Please note: students who submit a completed application (completion of Step 8) will not be able to return to the application to make changes.
Funds awarded are for use in the 2015-2016 academic year.
Marilyn Bagwell Leadership Development Grant Deadline: February 13, 2015
This grant provide funds for Official NSNA chapters and school clubs to support student participation in state and national NSNA meetings or conventions, and for school clubs wishing to create an official NSNA chapter. The total grant award of $1,000.00 is given to one nursing program annually. Apply online.
Back-to-School is a great time of year to make plans to strengthen your chapter. Be sure to check out NSNA President, Kelly Hunt special Back-to-School Memo for updated information on NSNA meetings, program activities, membership and much more.
Attention NSNA Members: as we transition from summer to fall, please remember to update your contact information with NSNA, especially if you are changing addresses. Update your information online through NSNA Online Member Services.
Opportunity for NSNA Members—Moral Courage Project
The multimedia producer at the Moral Courage Project, housed at NYU's Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, is seeking participants to share their stories of moral courage. The Moral Courage Project is a global program that aims to help young people engage in difficult dialogues about power, culture, justice, responsibility, citizenship and other contentious issues. As part of this effort, the project is creating video profiles, typically 2-3 minutes in length, of individual stories of moral courage. We're looking for stories of when a nurse or student nurse had to make a difficult decision to do the right thing in the face of resistance or retaliation from colleagues, family or hospital superiors. If interested in sharing your experiences, contact Adam Grannick: *****@moralcourage.com.
Professional Liability (Malpractice) Insurance for NSNA Members
Nurses Service Organization (NSO) is the official NSNA-endorsed provider of professional liability insurance for nursing students. NSO offers students malpractice protection coverage up to $1 Million per occurrence up to $6 million annually, for only $35 a year!* After you graduate and begin to take on full nursing duties, you’ll be eligible for a 50% discount off the full-time nurse's premium as a First-year Graduate (good for 12 months following graduation date). Visit www.nso.com/NSNA for more information.
NSNA Awards & Honors Site Now Available
NSNA constituent associations have many opportunities for involvement in leadership activities and programs. One of the many rewards of active participation in NSNA is the annual awards and honors program offered to individual members, schools, and state chapters.
To find out more information, visit the Awards & Honors Website.
New Benefit—10% Off Uniforms, Shoes and Accessories
New Benefit—Health Insurance
Assurant Health, a company with 120 years of experience taking care of people just like you, can help you and your family get affordable, quality health insurance with options and rates to meet your budget. CONTINUE READING
Grow your Chapter
Do you want to grow as a leader on school, state, and national levels? Are the nursing students in your school interested in learning more about current trends in nursing? Does your school have several nursing students who have expressed interest in joining forces with other students from around the country? Would your school like to become an official NSNA constituent?
If you said "yes" to any of the above questions, than it is time for your school to become an official NSNA constituent TODAY! The NSNA Board of Directors and staff are ready to help you every step of the way. All it takes for your school to take advantage of this leadership opportunity contact the NSNA office today at (718) 210-0705, email at *****@nsna..org or download the start-a-chapter request form!
Office Depot Back to School Sale!
NSNA Members can save up to 80% off with Office Depot. You can shop online with free next day delivery on orders over $50, or in stores with our Store Purchasing Card. Visit http://nsna.ctcshares.com to shop or print off your savings card! First time online shoppers receive an additional 15% off orders over $50 when they use coupon code 50591873 at checkout!
Order Graduation Honor Cords Now!
Celebrate your big day with the official NSNA graduation HONOR CORD. Cords are $10 each and sold in bulk orders only. Purchases support the undergraduate Scholarship Program of the FNSNA. Matching key chains are also available
NCLEX Candidate Resources
NCLEX Candidate Bulletin
25% Discount on NCLEX-RN Review and Course Prep
NSNA and Cengage Learning have formed a partnership that brings you the best in learning resources. NSNA members receive 25% off: Complete Review for NCLEX-RN® and Practice Questions for NCLEX-RN® by Donna Faye Gauwitz; NCLEX-RN® Review Online with CAT Logic; and more! CONTINUE READING
Order Your NSNA Pins
NSNA Official Pin: Only $12. Fundraiser 10-packs are $110. (Prices include shipping costs..) Order on the online order form page.
Support the FNSNA Scholarship Program by Shopping at AmazonSmile!
Amazon has rolled out an initiative called AmazonSmile, which donates 0.5% percent of all eligible purchases to a U.S. charity of the buyer’s choosing.
1. Simply log in with your Amazon account at SMILE.AMAZON.COM.
2. When prompted to "Select a Charitable Organization to Start Shopping" use the search field at the bottom to search for "FNSNA" or “Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association" – then select Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association. It's that easy!
3. AmazonSmile is fully integrated with Amazon.com. Your wish lists, shopping cart and registries automatically sync. In fact, you can hardly notice a difference between the two, unless you look for "smile.amazon.com" in your browser!
4. Please note: for your purchases to be eligible, you must shop at smile.amazon.com not amazon.com. Donations will not be made for purchases at amazon.com.
NSNA has partnered with T-Mobile to offer members discounts on wireless voice, messaging, and data services. With the T-Mobile Advantage Program, an incredible wireless deal gets even better. CONTINUE READING
· NSNA Alliance Partners: Receive an array of discounted products/services through our alliance partners and support NSNA. A portion of each sale is contributed to NSNA for program activities.
cengage learning | life uniform | nsna leadership u | nurses service organization (malpractice insurance) | office depot | wyndam hotels | Motel 6 | NSNA Visa® Platinum Rewards Card | Red Roof Innazigo online mall
· NSNA Partnership Program: Join selected specialty nursing organizations at a reduced rate.
· Stand out and get that perfect job using your free HealthStream Professional Portfolio (formerly called decision critical portfolio): http://www.healthstream.com/NSNAPortfolio (Look for the NSNA logo in the top right. If you don’t see it, or you’re prompted for payment, please contact us.)
Have a great weekend!
- The National Student Nurses’ Association
* Advertisement appearing at the top of the NSNA Weekly Broadcast Update in no way implies endorsement or approval by NSNA of any advertising claims or of the advertiser, its product, or services. NSNA does not attempt to investigate or verify the accuracy of claims made by its advertisers and NSNA specifically disclaims any liability in connection with advertising appearing herein.
September 12, 2014 →